vendredi 27 juin 2014

Denard Span runs away from foggy fly ball, doesn't want to hurt 'pretty face'


We can't really blame Washington Nationals outfielder Denard Span for losing a fly ball Thursday on a foggy Chicago night at Wrigley Field. As we saw in the most recent Yahoo Sports Minute bloopers segment, Luis Valbuena skied a ball out toward center field and Span literally had no idea where the ball was. His teammates pointed, but he didn't see it. So he turned and ran away.


It's funny, but let's be real, finding a baseball in fog ain't easy, folks.


At least we can appreciate Span's response to the incident after the game. He didn't want to put his pretty face in danger. Pretty face, his words. Here's the classic quote, via NatsInsider:



“I didn’t even know it was coming at me, to be honest with you. I didn’t know where it was. I finally figured that the ball was coming towards me, because everybody was looking at me and pointing in my direction. But it is scary, because…once I figured out the ball was coming towards me, I didn’t want to look up. Because the last thing I wanted was to let a ball hit me in my pretty face.”



We're not sure whether Span is funny, vain or some of both. We're probably not the best judges of whether his face is "pretty," so here you go. He has opened himself up to critique, so knock yourself out — just preferably not with a foggy fly ball to the head.



(Getty Images)

BLS H/N: Hardball Talk


More MLB coverage from Yahoo Sports:



- - - - - - -


Mike Oz is an editor for Big League Stew on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at mikeozstew@yahoo.com or follow him on Twitter!






from Yahoo Sports http://ift.tt/1veDwYL

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire